Friday, April 2, 2010

Mommy-hood and more

So our new edition to the family has been one heck of a hit!! Lana absolutely loves her baby brother. She will be a great big sister. She is always wanting to help with diaper changes, getting him in his car seat, giving him his blanket and pacifier and she likes to cuddle while he eats. She is always kissing him and hugging him. The poor little guy doesn't get much sleep thanks to his big sis. She is more then ready to have him up and playing. Although we have explained many times he isn't big enough to play yet, she still insists on dancing with him.


Since she has been such a wonderful sister we treated her to a trip to the Natural History museum. It was Maximus' first big trip out of the house. I was pretty tired and sore after carrying him the whole time but it was worth it :)

We have really enjoyed being a family of four. It has been a little more work then before but worth every moment. Lana is a ton of help. Two-three days a week I watch Lana best buddy and they keep each other fairly occupied and busy. Two toddler/preschoolers are busy people! This summer Larry and I are also anticipating our two nephews to be with us as well. Those two are a huge help with the smaller ones :) We have discovered we can handle 6 or so children but we don't know if we want that many yet........Over spring break we finally painted our house, and had more then just our two kids here :) I can multi-task which is great.
Our house is no longer the ugly turquoise house any longer!! We have a nice brown normal New Mexican home :) It makes me very happy. It was a ton of work and Larry and I were both very tried after all the work. We had some help from Robert and Stone.


This is from when it was primes. I will blog another day about the painting. Right now Mr. Maximus is cranky and mad because his sister decided to jump on him...............

3 comments:

Chance and Beth said...

Hi Nina, I found your blog from Angela's, hope thats ok! Your little guy is too cute. Congrats on the house, I didn't get to see it in it's former glory, you should post before pictures too. Looks great now though!

Angela said...

You are a super mom! Emma just loves it at your house and we are so grateful for you and love you guys!!!!!! I hope we'll be neighbors forever.. (even when we can both upgrade to a nicer neighborhood... :)

Jen M said...

Cute kids! Having a big brother or sister is always great. Though I know my youngest , my daughter who is 5 now doesn't always appreciate her older brother who is 9 years old.